Anything Strawberry Competition
The Anything Strawberry Competition held Friday, May 12th, is a free competition for all teams participating in the Boss Hog Cook-Off. While cash prizes will be awarded, this portion of the cook-off is intended to be a fun, casual time for sponsors and judges to interact with team members. Please be sure to indicate on your team application that you are participating in the Anything Strawberry Competition.
- Teams turn in entry at the KCBS turn-in station between 6:45pm and 6:55pm and your recipe will need to be included along with your entry.
- One serving per judge will be required and the number of judges is to be announced.
- There are absolutely no rules for prepping and/or cooking.
- DOOR will provide paper goods for judging.
- Winners will be announced Friday night during the band's intermission.
- 1st Place - $200
- 2nd Place - $100
- 3rd Place - $50
King of the Wing
The King of the Wing, held Friday, May 12th, is a free competition for all teams participating in the Boss Hog Cook-Off. While cash prizes will be awarded, this portion of the cook-off is intended to be a fun, casual time for sponsors, judges and the general public to interact with team members. Please be sure to indicate on your team application that you are participating in the King of the Wing Competition.
- A minimum of 10lbs of fresh chicken wings will be provided, free of charge, to each team.
- Wings will be delivered to the teams between 3:00pm and 3:30pm on Friday, May 12th. You MUST be present at your cook site to receive your team’s wings.
- Teams turn in wings at the KCBS turn-in station between 6:15pm and 6:25pm.
- One wing per judge will be required for turn in and the number of judges is to be announced.
- There are absolutely no rules for prepping and/or cooking, so long as the wings remain at a safe temperature throughout the competition. We also do not mind garnishes or dipping sauces.
- Teams are asked to distribute the remainder of wings to the public. DOOR will provide small paper containers for distribution. Be sure to hve your "GOT WINGS" balloon out for the public to see (provided by DOOR).
- Winners will be announced Friday night before the band performs.
- 1st Place - $350
- 2nd Place - $250
- 3rd Place - $150
- 4rd Place - $100
People's Choice Competition
People’s Choice Competition will be held Saturday, May 13th, 11am to 1pm. This contest is a huge draw for our community and in order for The Boss to remain successful, we are asking for your support and participation. People’s Choice is a wonderful opportunity for the public to get to know our teams.
Public tickets are $10 per person - view purchase information
NEW: There will be a 1st & 2nd place awarded for Hometown Teams and Out-of-Town Teams. Ticket holders will get 4 voting chips which must be used to vote for 2 Hometown Teams and 2 Out-of-Town Teams. The voting process will be strictly monitored.
- This is not a sanctioned event so feel free to be creative!
- Participating teams must provide their own table, serving dishes & meat: two cooked, chopped & ready to serve pork butts by 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- DOOR will provide a volunteer & paper goods throughout People’s Choice tasting & voting. 4 Winners will be announced before during our awards ceremony beginning at 3pm.
- Hometown Team 1st Place - $300
- Hometown Team 2nd Place - $150
- Out-of-Town Team 1st Place - $300
- Out-of-Town Team 2nd Place - $150